The LINK between Recreation Leagues & Competitive Youth.
The United Juniors (Academy) program is an instructional program dedicated to providing motivated players the opportunity to develop their technical ability while also playing in local recreation leagues. The mission of the Juniors program is to create an environment of individual player development from the most important early ages (from 5 to 9). The United Juniors serves as a direct link and path from local Recreation Leagues to competitive youth programs for those players that desire a higher level of coaching and training and show a passion for the game of soccer. Plan on signing up quickly because space is limited, and we expect this program to be in high demand each season.
The Juniors will train once per week during the Fall and Spring seasons. These sessions are a supplement to the player's regularly-scheduled team practices during the week and their Recreational games on Saturdays. Each season, 10 practices are scheduled. Canceled sessions due to weather will not be made up.
The curriculum heavily empahsis' the player's individual mastery of the ball. The objective of the curriculum is for the player to become more confident, comforable and creative on the ball, all while nurturing their passion for the game and a competitive mentality. Each week players will focus on a topic which will be built on through out the season and up through the age groups.
Each week of training will feature a theme, which will build off the themes from previous weeks, including:
- Dribbling for possession (changing direction with all surfaces of the foot and shielding)
- Dribbling for penetration (1v1 moves in the attack)
- First touch (receiving balls on the ground, from the air & bounce with all surfaces of the foot, as well as thigh & chest)
- Passing & finishing (with all surfaces & service of driven, flighted, bent, and chipped balls.
Is your player right for the Juniors?
Characteristics of players who will benefit from this training & environment. Players that have any on of these traits can benefit
- Passion for the game, truly enjoys playing soccer.
- Technical Ability, the ability to control the ball.
- Athletic ability, quickness, coordnination & balance.
- Speed of Thought, quick decision making.
- Creativity, making unexpected decisions in the game to solve problems.
- Character, being coachable and focus when given direction.
Spring 2017 Schedule
Dates: March 30, April 6, 13, 20, 27, May 4, 11, 18, 25, & June 1
Location: Athey Sports Complex, Country Chevrolet Field
United Junior's Coaching Staff
Bill Lanza, firstname.lastname@example.org
Membership Fees & Registration
Per season fees are $125.00. Players must register through their FCSC household account.